3D CoSeedis™ is an ideally suited production tool to grow spheroidal 3D cell constructs in large scale, particularly for the use in HTS/HCS applications. With the various formats (2x2, 1x1, 0.5x0.5), it is possible to grow up to 1’200, 5’280, and 16’320 spheroids per plate, respectively.
The major advantages for subsequent HTS/HCS are:
- 3D CoSeedis™ matrix consists of agarose => biologically inert carrier matrix
- Substantial reduction of cell culture work (50’000 3D constructs/day ® 3 – 10 3D CoSeedis™ plates).
> 5’000 3D constructs per 6-well plate; >16’000 per 24-well plate.
- Highly reproducible and homogeneous 3D cell aggregates across matrix and plates.
- Increased screening efficiency through highly homogenous 384-well plates seeded with 1 to several 3D constructs / well.
- Long-term studies possible: up to 70 days in culture.
- Dual and sequential treatments possible over extended
period of time with lots of up to 900 cell aggregates.
- Fully validated for a wide range of tumour 3D aggregates.
- Modular set-up (e.g. distance co-cultures) significantly extends
the range of testable cells in 3D including primary cells and iPS.
- Fully validated read-outs:
- Growth monitoring
- Histology: paraffin and frozen
- Colony forming assay
3D CoSeedis in High-Throughput / High-Content Screening